Pages

Monday, December 14, 2015

Things that brightened a damp cold Monday



I will return to this video over and over again when I need to smile uncontrollably.


e>


To see how it was done:




Note the plea to share the first video with your friends and family. It is a good cause. Some of my closest friends work in shelters - it is a tough place to be for both animals and the people who look after them. This is a simple way for you to make their lives easier.

I put together a Christmas themed indoor cycling class for tomorrow - two twenty minute climbs. I thought it would be fun to play seasonal music that most people would never have heard before. There's some Trans-Siberian Orchestra, The Moody Blues, Pink Martini, Brian Setzer, and Kelly Clarkson among others. I decided to kick off the class with a brand new release from Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings. This song is from their new holiday album (almost all original music) and is free right now at eMusic.com (I don't know if you need a membership to download it).

I can't seem to embed the song in this blog post but you can goto  this NPR story and listen to 'Just Another Christmas Song'. Check out some of the other songs as well.

On a less silly note but something that brings me just as much pleasure, watch this video of Chihary Shiota's installation at the Venice Bienale 2015. I have been doing a lot of thinking about repeated elements and this inspires me to continue to pursue some crazy ideas.








No comments:

Post a Comment