Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Fascia or rete construction


My idea includes linking several layers using a network of interlaced threads. I did some experiments with cheesecloth and that approach might have a use but it wasn't what I had in mind. So I tried another approach - stitching on tulle using a soluble stabilizer. It will work both intact and with all of the tulle cut away.


stitch 5 on tulle, intact

stitch 5 on tulle, two sections cut

It is now time to see if I can connect two fairly stiff layers with a web of threads.

On the practical front, I have sourced 18" diameter bike tubes and measuring tapes. They are necessary to provide shape and stability to what will eventually be a five foot tall hollow vessel. They can be removed or deflated for shipping. 


No comments:

Post a Comment