Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Progress

It begins. I started knitting a Christmas gift on the plane to Boston and finished it in the boarding lounge while I waited for my return flight. I managed to wind the next skein and cast on during the flight. It feels good to have a head start on my list because I need to spend the next two weeks finishing up two large art quilts which I intend to submit to a SAQA juried show called my Corner of the World - Canada. It isn't good form to reveal photos of the finished work until after the juror has done her work and the curator may ask that successful artists refrain from posting pictures until the show opens. So here are a couple of sneak peeks that give nothing away.






I still have miles of straight line stitching to do on one of them. Picture me at my machine stitching lines one quarter of an inch apart on fabric which measures 2.5 x 1.5 metres. I have a rule that I must get up and walk around every time the bobbin runs out of thread.

In case the mundane details of my life don't interest you, here's something you will be sure to find fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment