Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Quilting by the numbers

I'm back. I have intentionally been absent from the blog. My reasons run along the lines of "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". Even though the snow has melted the weather has been miserable and my mood has been equally bad. It is still cold and rainy but things are now green. The light this morning was beautiful - a lovely yellow green because it had been filtered by the emerging leaves on the oak tree outside my studio window. I stopped my machine and went to find some fabric to match it. No photograph could reproduce the experience so the fabric was the best that I could do.

I have been remarkably productive in spite of my mood. I will catch up with a series of posts.

To start:

30 7" x 22" inch strips of Kona Cotton layered onto similar size strips of wool/rayon felt

24 lines of straight stitching on each strip



2.75 inches of prepared strips




2.25 pounds of prepared strips




The strips have now been transformed in several ways. I will describe that (with numbers) in subsequent posts.

For your entertainment. I have watched this over and over.



5 mètres 80 from Nicolas Deveaux on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment